Fiona Cairns: my top five tips for hosting a successful tea party
Royal baker, Fiona Cairns, has got involved in this year’s Blooming Great Tea Party by providing us with a delicious summer berry rose-scented meringue recipe on our tea party celebrity recipe page.
Here she offers some top tips for hosting a successful tea party. If Fiona has inspired you to get baking, there is still time to sign up to host your own tea party .
Here are Fiona’s top tips:
- Always use the very best ingredients you can afford.
- Be organised and plan your baking - read the recipe through and assemble all equipment and ingredients before you begin.
- Disaster management! If your baking doesn’t go quite according to plan, for example, if a cake isn’t cooked through to the centre, cut it out and fill the centre with fresh cream and berries. Don’t tell your guests and they’ll be none the wiser.
- Plan ahead, keep things simple and don’t leave too much that requires last minute preparation. If you are relaxed, your guests are more likely to enjoy the occasion.
- Your freezer is great for storing uncooked biscuits. Make a batch and layer the uncooked biscuits with silicone paper in a plastic box. Defrost and bake when needed. These are perfect for unexpected guests and fill the house with delicious baking aromas.
Sign up to throw a tea party and get your free fundraising pack full of tea party treats.