Peru Trek 2016
The soaring peaks of the Andes, mystical ruins of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley of the Incas are some of Peru’s most famous attractions. You’ll discover these and much more on this amazing adventure.
After exploring the cultural highlights of Cusco, once the capital of the extensive Inca Empire, we commence our trek. You’ll go deep into the wilderness, following trails through glaciated valleys to medieval mountain villages. This stunning trail is much quieter than the busier Inca Trail and is highly regarded by past trekkers as the best way to experience Peru.
On the final day you’ll travel from the village of Ollantaytambo to take in the dramatic view of Machu Picchu from the 'Sun Gate', then spend the afternoon exploring the Inca ruins for yourself.
We finish our challenge with a celebration night to remember in Cusco with live music and traditional Peruvian dancing.
Why trek with Marie Curie?
By taking on this once in a lifetime challenge for Marie Curie you will help us care for more people living with a terminal illness. When you join us you will benefit from:
- Training guides, hints and tips to get you ready for the big challenge
- Lots of fundraising ideas in your welcome pack. If you’re keen to get started with your fundraising right away, check out some of these ideas.
- Access to a local community fundraiser who will advise you and help you smash your target
- Two Marie Curie representatives who will trek the entire journey, join you on a training day and organise a post-trek reunion
- A brightly coloured Marie Curie Overseas T-Shirt
- Access to a Facebook Group just for your trek, so you can chat with your fellow trekkers beforehand
- A 15% discount at Cotswold Outdoors
Calls to 0845 numbers cost no more than 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.