Edinburgh Marathon Festival 2017 FAQs
Have a burning question about your upcoming event? This article should cover everything you need to know. If there is something we haven’t answered please feel free to get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0845 052 4184.
This event is being run between 27 and 28 May 2017.
What if I become injured or need to cancel my place?
Please contact our supporter relations team at email@example.com or on 0845 052 4184.
When will I receive my official race day information and race number?
If you’ve registered with a UK or European address you’ll have your race numbers posted out to you in May 2017.
What’s in my pack?
- Event number ― must be displayed on your front during the event
- Timing chip for your trainers
- Bag for the baggage drop
- Stickers for your bag
When does the race start?
(Please note these are 2016 times, 2017 times will be updated in due course)
- Edinburgh Marathon ― 9.50am at London Road and 10.00am at Regent Road, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Half Marathon ― 8.00am at London Road and 8.05am at Regent Road, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hairy Haggis Team Relay ― 10.00am at Regent Road, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh 10k ― 9.00am
- Edinburgh 5k ― 11.00am
Where do I finish the race?
There are different routes and finishing areas for each event. See the official Edinburgh Marathon Festival website for details.
What will I receive as part of Team Marie Curie?
As part of the team you’ll receive:
- Running Zone with training plans, tips and advice
- Regular e-newsletters with fundraising support and advice to help you smash your target
- On-the-day support from our dedicated events team
- A Marie Curie running vest
- On-hand support from our fundraising team
- Hero’s welcome, massage and refreshments waiting for you in the charity village
Where will Marie Curie be on the day?
We’ll have dedicated cheer points so we can support you as you take on the challenge of this incredible event. We’ll also have a marquee in the charity village which you can come along to after the race. More information about our cheer points and the charity village will be sent to you closer to the event.
What if I need to update my personal details?
If your surname has changed, please contact us the event organisers and they can update this for you. You can update your address details and your predicted finish time up until March 2017. After this date you’ll need to collect your race number from the Edinburgh Marathon Festival Hub at Dynamic Earth on either Friday 26 May between 12 noon and 8pm or on Saturday 27 May between 8am and 9pm.
What should I do about travel and accommodation?
If I still have more questions, where can I go?
For answers to any further questions, visit the event organiser’s contact page .