Thank you for fundraising
We can’t thank you enough for taking on this incredible challenge for Marie Curie and for joining Team Marie Curie. We wanted to show just how grateful we are, so here’s a little message from Sally, one of our Marie Curie Nurses.
Without people like you, Sally wouldn’t be able to carry out the fantastic work which she does and care for so many people at the hardest time in their lives. People like Jo, whose mum was cared for by a Marie Curie Nurse.
“We all miss our Mum so much every day but we are doing this for her. We know that she would be lacing up her trainers with us if she could!”
Hitting that fundraising goal
We know some of you have that all important fundraising covered, but if you haven’t started yet, or haven’t got very far, please do give this a push as soon as you can. You can see why people like you are so important to our work, so please make sure you factor this into your plans over the next couple of months.
Want some quick and easy fundraising fixes? Take a look below
- If you haven’t done so already, set up your fundraising page and send it around to everyone you know!
- Update your page as you go along. Tell people how your training is coming along and what challenges you are facing
- Add your fundraising page link to your email signature
- Widen the net. Approaching friends and family is great, but think about who else may sponsor you: your local gym, family friends and even your hairdresser, think outside the box. There's no harm is asking, after all
- Give your sponsors examples of how their money helps; every £20 enables a Marie Curie Nurse to look after someone with a terminal illness for one hour in their own home
- Hold a cake sale. If you’re not a keen baker why not ask a local bakery if they’d provide the goods free of charge?