Kate’s banana bread by Stanley Tucci
Stanley Tucci says; "This recipe is from my late wife, Kate, who passed away in 2009. Not only was she an extraordinary person, she was also a great cook and a wonderful baker. Making this recipe is just one of the ways to keep her close to us. Kate’s banana bread was devoured weekly by our kids and by the endless stream of their friends who came through our doors over the years. Serve warm with a dollop of butter."
If you still haven't signed up to throw a Blooming Great Tea Party, do it today and get your free fundraising pack full of tea-rrific goodies.
- 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (1stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup of Grape-Nuts cereal
Taken from The Tucci Cookbook published by Simon & Schuster
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan and line with baking parchment.
- In a medium sized bowl sift the flour and baking soda. In another medium sized bowl, use a wooden spoon or whisk to mix together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the vanilla and the bananas, mashing them into the batter. Stir in the grape-nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until golden brown on top and the cake tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? We’d love to hear from you if you did. Upload your photo to our blooming great gallery.
© Stanley Tucci