Butterscotch mini muffins
These butterscotch mini muffins are always one of the first to go at my tea party, so ensure you keep one hidden for yourself. I hope you enjoy this easy to do recipe.
- 200g self raising flour
- 120g light brown sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
- One egg
- 100ml milk
- 100g butterscotch chips
You will need a mini muffin/cupcake tin or a flat baking tray
(recipe makes 24 mini muffins)
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C.
2. Line your mini muffin tin or baking tray with mini muffin cases.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and sugar.
4. Pour in the oil and mix.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
6. Pour the egg-milk mixture into the larger bowl and mix carefully so that there aren’t any lumps.
7. Pour the butterscotch chips into the mixture and make sure they are distributed evenly.
8. Using two teaspoons, fill the mini muffin cases almost to the top with the mixture.
9. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until they look like light golden toadstools.
10. Allow the mini muffins to cool for a couple of minutes in the tin, before transferring them to a wire rack.
11. These are best eaten fresh, but can be stored for up to three days in an airtight container.
It’s a piece of cake!
Join us this summer and throw a Blooming Great Tea Party for Marie Curie.
It’s easy, fun, and every cake and cuppa will help us care for more people living with a terminal illness.Get your free fundraising pack