Twix Stuffed Brownies
Treat your tea party guests to something really special with these decadent chocolate brownies with a hidden Twix twist.
- 210g butter
- 225g dark chocolate
- 300g caster sugar
- 50ml milk
- 150g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 20 twix fingers - 10 multipack packets
You will need a rectangular brownie/traybake tin
1) Preheat your oven to 180C.
2) Grease and line a rectangular brownie/traybake tin.
2) In a large saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat.
4) Once melted, take the pan off the heat and drop the dark chocolate into the melted butter. Stir.
5) When the chocolate has melted, add in the sugar and stir thoroughly.
6) Add in the milk and the flour, along with a pinch of salt. Stir until you have a thick chocolatey mix.
7) Add one egg at a time, stirring after each addition. Your mixture will thicken after each egg is added.
8) Pour two-thirds of the brownie mixture into your prepared traybake tin.
9) Press the Twixes into the brownie mixture, lining them up so they sit snugly next to one another. Push them down into the mixture so you just see the tops of them.
10) Pour the remaining third of mixture over the top of the Twixes and use a spatula to carefully spread the mixture, so that each of the Twixes are covered.
11) Bake in your oven for 25-30 minutes until the top has hardened but the filling still has a bit of a wobble.
12) Leave the brownies to cool completely in the tin before slicing.
These brownies can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container.