Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions take effect from your first visit, and your use of the site means you accept these terms and conditions. We may change these terms and conditions, so please check back regularly.
If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and specific terms appearing elsewhere on this website relating to specific material then the latter shall prevail.
Marie Curie reserves the right to change the content of the website at any time.
Welcome to our site
The Marie Curie website has been developed taking every precaution to ensure the information held on this site is accurate in the UK, legally correct and ethical at the time of appearance. Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained on this website, the content provides only general information and must not be used as an alternative to professional advice. We recommend users seek professional advice where appropriate.
So far as is permitted by law Marie Curie accepts no liability for loss or damage, including personal injury, resulting from use of this website. While we make all reasonable efforts to ensure no malware or viruses are transmitted via our website, this cannot be guaranteed. Marie Curie will not accept liability from damage caused by viruses and recommends that users safeguard their IT equipment before downloading information.
If you believe the content of these pages to be inaccurate or out of date, please contact us.
The content of this website is aimed at adults within the UK and other advice should be sought in other circumstances.
Hacking into this website for the purpose of adding to or altering the content of the website or sending unsolicited emails (spam), transmitting any offensive or illegal content, and interfering with the general working of the site is illegal and unethical.
Please obtain permission from us to include any links to our website. This can be requested by emailing Marie Curie Information using the Contact us link below. Marie Curie reserves the right to require links to be removed if we believe it is not in our interest.
We have provided links to other organisations for your convenience. We cannot guarantee or be responsible for their content or accessibility. Please read their privacy policies and terms and conditions.
Using our logos and information
The Marie Curie logo and various other logos used by us are registered trademarks in the UK. You may not use the Marie Curie logos without our permission. To apply for permission please contact us below. Marie Curie reserves the right to require materials and logos to be removed if we believe it is not in our interest.
Our downloadable leaflets and brochures, and our web pages can be printed, copied and used for private use, study or teaching purposes; however no modification may be made to the content. They may not be used for commercial, public or any other purposes without the specific written consent of Marie Curie.
Some information, materials or photos on our website may be the property of another copyright owner, used here with their permission, and must not be used without their consent.
Any information, text, graphics, photos or other materials which are uploaded, downloaded or which appear on our site ("Content") will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Any Content uploaded or posted is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content, and any use or reliance on any Content is at your own risk.
You will retain all of your ownership rights in any Content you submit, post or display on or through our site. By uploading or posting your Content on or through our site, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, copy, process, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and publish such Content across any and all different media, as well as using the Content to promote the site or Marie Curie generally. You agree that such licence also includes the right for Marie Curie to make such Content available to third parties.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the Content or accuracy of Content posted by you or other users of our site or broadcast elsewhere.
We have the right to moderate Content displayed on the site and the right to remove any Content you post or refuse to distribute any Content in relation to site, without any liability to you.
By accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you have rights to upload, download or otherwise distribute any Content you submit and have obtained the express consent, of any person to whom such Content relates, to use and distribute the Content.
Marie Curie Trading Limited Terms and Conditions
In these terms the reference to 'Marie Curie’ means Marie Curie Trading Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Curie whose registered office is at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP, charity registration number 207994 (England and Wales), SC038731 (Scotland). Any reference to 'you' means the person purchasing the goods. Any reference to 'shop' means our online shop accessed via www.mariecurie.org.uk
By ordering and purchasing goods through the shop you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the terms and conditions laid out below. These are the terms and conditions upon which you are buying your goods from Marie Curie Trading Ltd, a fully own subsidiary of Marie Curie. Please read them carefully.
- All product prices shown on the shop are the set retail price (inclusive of VAT). They do not include postage and packing. Postage and packaging prices will need to be added at the order confirmation stage of your transaction (see clause 3 below). If eligible to receive a free gift, this will be included in your delivery of goods. Free gifts are subject to availability and Marie Curie Trading Ltd reserves the right to substitute gifts of an equivalent value. All offers are subject to specific restricted time frames.
- Postage and packaging will be an additional charge added on to the value of your order. The charity can only accept orders on-line for delivery within the British Isles and BFPO address. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OVERSEAS DELIVERIES please telephone 0844 415 7854 and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or write to: Marie Curie, PO Box 621, York House, Wetherby Road, York YO26 0EX.
- Postage is £3.95 for orders upto and including £35.00. For orders £35.01 and over, postage will be free. Your order will usually be delivered within 14 working days, however, please allow 21 days.
- If you are not satisfied with any item for any reason, please refer to our returns policy.
- Unfortunately, if you are returning a gift we have to refund the person who paid for the item. If you wish to exchange it, this information will be passed on to them too.
- All product sizes and weights are approximate.
- Marie Curie Trading Limited reserves the right to change the specification of the products from those featured on the website.
- Supplies of goods are subject to availability and due to popular demand we may sell out quickly. We will endeavour to replenish stocks, but this is not always possible so if we are unable to fulfil your order our customer services team will contact you to ask if you want a refund or a substitute item.
- Where payment is by credit/debit card transaction the person ordering must be the credit/debit card holder or have the holder's authorisation. Should the cardholder deny authorisation at a later stage, criminal charges may be brought against the person placing the order.
- This contract is governed by English Law.
- If you have any questions please contact the customer services team on 0844 415 7854 - open 8.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am - 5.00pm Saturday and Sunday. Alternatively please email email@example.com.
- All the profits from the sale of items on the online shop are gifted to Marie Curie and go towards providing more nursing care for terminally ill patients.
- Marie Curie reserves the right to use the funds from the sale of the Parcels of Care products where they are most needed to continue to provide care for terminally ill people in its nine hospices and in their own homes.
Text to Donate
This is a subscription service. Every month you'll receive a free reminder text message the day before your gift is due. If you're happy to give, you don't need to do anything and you'll be charged £5. If you don’t want to give, you can choose to skip a month.
Texts cost £5 plus your standard network rate. Marie Curie will receive between £4.96 and £5 of your donation, depending on your network provider. A follow-up call will be made to tell you more about our work. If you would rather not hear from us, please text OUT to 78866. It can take up to one working day to be removed. For any further questions please call us on 0845 052 4184*. Marie Curie is a registered charity no. 207994 (England & Wales), SCO38731 (Scotland). mariecurie.org.uk
Choosing to skip a month
If you'd prefer not to give that month, text SKIP within 24 hours of receiving the free reminder text and we won't take your donation.
If your phone is out of range or switched off, you don't need to worry. We'll only take your gift 24 hours after we know that your phone has received our message.
However, if you want to end your gifts permanently, you can text STOP to 70755 to unsubscribe altogether.
See your gifts in action
We want you to see how your gifts are helping Marie Curie Nurses care for terminally ill patients across the UK, so we'll send you regular updates on our work. You might also receive videos and other useful content that you can view on an internet-enabled phone or your computer. We won't charge you for this content but, as with any mobile browsing, viewing it could mean you incur charges from your network provider.
*Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. Your call may be recorded for quality and training purposes.