Vision and strategic plan
A better life for people and their families living with a terminal illness.
To help people and their families living with a terminal illness make the most of the time they have together by delivering expert care, emotional support, research and guidance.
- Connecting and empathising with people
- Starting with the person's needs, respecting them and treating them with dignity
- Supporting people's choices and decisions
Making things happen
- Being clear and straightforward
- Listening so that we can understand and do the right thing
- Prepared to speak up and challenge on people's behalf
Leading in our field
- Building on our unique skills, expertise and experience
- Sharing, innovating and partnering
- Always seeking to improve in everything we do
People at our heart
- Valuing every individual
- All views and expectations are heard and respected
- Bringing people together and building relationships
Strategic Plan 2014-19
Our strategic plan sets out how we will reach more people living with a terminal illness with vital care and support. Over this five-year period, we plan to:
- establish new services to support people and their families living with a terminal illness.
- care for more people through our nursing services and hospices.
- invest more in research and influencing the development of health policy across the UK.
- invest significantly in our infrastructure, so we can deliver more extensive care and support, both directly and indirectly.
Download the full plan below and see how we're delivering on it in our annual report and accounts and impact report.