Vision and strategic plan
A better life for people and their families living with a terminal illness.
To help people and their families living with a terminal illness make the most of the time they have together by delivering expert care, emotional support, research and guidance.
- Connecting and empathising with people
- Starting with the person's needs, respecting them and treating them with dignity
- Supporting people's choices and decisions
Making things happen
- Being clear and straightforward
- Listening so that we can understand and do the right thing
- Prepared to speak up and challenge on people's behalf
Leading in our field
- Building on our unique skills, expertise and experience
- Sharing, innovating and partnering
- Always seeking to improve in everything we do
People at our heart
- Valuing every individual
- All views and expectations are heard and respected
- Bringing people together and building relationships
Strategic Plan 2014-19
Our strategic plan sets out how we will reach more people living with a terminal illness with vital care and support. Over this five-year period, we plan to:
- establish new services to support people and their families living with a terminal illness.
- care for more people through our nursing services and hospices.
- invest more in research and influencing the development of health policy across the UK.
- invest significantly in our infrastructure, so we can deliver more extensive care and support, both directly and indirectly.