Put your best foot forward for the Great Daffodil Appeal.
We're asking you to walk 10,000 steps every day this March, and get your friends and family to sponsor you. It’s a great way to feel good, improve your fitness and do something amazing for families living with a terminal illness.
We’re here for people with a terminal illness every step of the way – but that’s only possible with your support. Every step you take and every pound you raise will help Marie Curie Nurses be there when they’re needed most.
1. Jump off the bus a stop early.
2. Take the stairs instead of the lift.
3. Get up from your desk regularly.
4. Go for a lunchtime stroll.
5. Take the ‘scenic’ route, rather than the fastest route.
6. Catch up with a friend on the move, instead of over coffee.
7. Take the dog for a walk.
8. March on the spot while watching TV.
9. Organise a family day out on foot.
10. Take a stroll around some of the National Garden Scheme open gardens. Here's a list of gardens open in March.
Take steps for Paula
Volunteer to collect
Other ways to fundraise
10,000 steps a day - that's 150 miles in a month!
Walk 10,000 steps every day in March and by 1 April, you'll have covered 150 miles. That’s the same as walking from:
The Brighton Pavilion to the Bull Ring in Birmingham
The Giant’s Causeway to the Spire of Dublin
Mount Snowdon to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff
York Minster to Cambridge University
Our hospice in Newcastle to our hospice in Glasgow