Commit to your New Year’s resolution by supporting Marie Curie
A new year and a new you. Like every year, 1 January sees us all swear to start something, stop something, or achieve something. This year we want to help you succeed with even the most ambitious of New Year’s resolutions. By choosing one of our resolutions, you will be supporting our nurses so they can deliver vital care to people living with terminal illnesses. What more motivation do you need?
Here are five Marie Curie resolution ideas. Which one will you choose?
- Get fit. Get active. Dust off those trainers and commit to taking on a physical challenge for Marie Curie this year. By joining our Daffodil Team you can support us when taking on any physical challenge, or if you’re stuck for ideas, check out some of our other events and find the right challenge for you .
- Get out and about. Perhaps this year is the year where you get outside, enjoy the fresh air and see some of the great British countryside. Look no further than one of the Marie Curie Walk Ten events. These 10km walks might seem daunting at first, but one walk a week with friends or your dog will put you in good stead to take on this walking challenge.
- See the world. We’ve got a large list of overseas challenges that allow you to fundraise and see some of the world’s most amazing sights. So what takes your fancy? Hiking the Great Wall of China? Climbing Kilimanjaro? Trekking through the Sahara desert? There’s an event for everyone.
- Get social. Maybe 2014 was a busy year, meaning you couldn’t be as social as you’d have liked. We can help you make sure the same doesn’t happen in 2015. Our Blooming Great Tea Party is a fantastic way to bring all your friends together and enjoy a slice of cake and a cuppa at the same time!
- Help in your local community. Volunteering in your local community is a great way to give something back to people local to you. Marie Curie has volunteer roles to suit everyone. Whether you’ve got a lot of free time or even if you can only spare one hour, any time you can give makes a huge difference to people living in your area with a terminal illness.
Still stuck for ideas? Take a look at our website for more ideas tailored your hobbies and interests. Or if you have a great idea, tell us your resolution in the comments below.