Print this page
Cycling kit list
- Cycling helmet
You won't be able to cycle without one
- Spare inner tubes (2-3).
- T-shirts/cycling tops (3-5)
- Long sleeve top
To wear cycling in cooler weather
- Socks (3-4 pairs)
- Waterproof cycling jacket
- Sun hat/cap or scarf
To cover your neck. These need to be able to fit under your helmet
- Cycling shoes/trainers
- Cycling gloves
Long and short fingered
- Padded cycling shorts (2-3)
- Cycling tights
- Cycling arm warmers (1 pair, optional)
- Cycling leg warmers (1 pair, optional)
- Warm jumper
To change into in the evenings
- Casual clothes
For travelling and celebration dinner.
Health and hygiene
- High factor sun cream and lip salve
Min 30 SPF
- Wet wipes/baby wipes
- Carrier bags
For dirty washing/wet clothes
- Small personal medical kit
Antiseptic cream, plasters, lint wound dressing, knee support, crepe bandage, safety pins, pain killers, tweezers, scissors, insect repellent, sting relief, diareze/imodium, Vaseline/sudocrem, lip salve.
- Washing powder (small packet, optional)
- Personal toiletries
- Antibacterial hand gel.
- Small rucksack/bum bag/saddle bag
That you can wear while cycling to carry items needed during the day
- Favourite snacks
To keep you going e.g. nuts, cereal/protein bars.
- Camera/batteries/memory cards
- Water bottles and/or Camelpak pack with dust cap
- Head torch
- Photocopy of insurance
- Money belt
- Isotonic drink powder or tablets (optional).