Some last minute reminders!
You’ve got your travel sorted, you’ve planned when you’re heading to the Expo, now it’s time to make sure you’ve got the below checked off your race day prep list.
- Start packing your kit bag! There is no harm in being over prepared. If there is something you have forgotten at least you have a week to find/buy it. Think gels, plasters, Vaseline.
- Plan your outfit. You’ll be standing around for a while once you’re in your start pen, and it may be pretty chilly early in the morning. Take something warm you can dispose of easily.
- Check the weather. We all know that the UK weather can be very unpredictable, so please do take this into consideration. Don’t forget sun cream if it’s going to be sunny or something waterproof if it looks like it might rain.
- Iron on your name transfer. If you haven’t yet done this, do it now! Email us if you’d like further instructions on what you need to do.
- Pin your race number on. Once you pick up your running number at London Marathon Expo, pin it onto your vest straight away so you don’t lose it (make sure you take extra safety pins with you as well). Remember; don’t cover up the Marie Curie logo so we can cheer for you on the day.
- Start thinking about an after marathon massage. There will be short massages available to those who come along to our post-race reception, you might want to book in one local to you for a few days after the run. This is something a lot of runners do and why not? Your legs (and body) deserve a nice treat after your awesome accomplishment.