The Marie Curie North Yorkshire Shoot Grand Raffle
In the inaugural North Yorkshire Shoot Grand Raffle, Marie Curie was delighted to offer a limited number of raffle tickets with a first prize opportunity for 8 guns to enjoy a day’s partridge shooting in beautiful North Yorkshire on Saturday 2 September 2017 with lunch and tea included. There were also some wonderful runner-up prizes available.
The Grand Raffle closed on Friday 2 December 2016 and the winners were drawn on Monday 5 December 2016 at 4pm. The winners are:
Jim Blakemore – A day’s Partridge shooting for eight guns in beautiful North Yorkshire on Saturday 2 September 2017 with lunch and tea. Includes one night’s accommodation for 8 people at the Aysgarth Falls Hotel with breakfast and dinner included.
Andy Morton – A day’s partridge shooting for one gun in September 2017
John Tylor – A day’s pheasant shooting for one gun in January 2018
David Ruck-Keene – A day’s pheasant and partridge shooting for one gun in November 2017
Simon James – 12 bottle case of 2003 Ch. Calon Segur Claret
If you are interested in supporting or taking part in similar shooting events or activities in the future then please get in touch with Laura Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7599 7757.
Terms and Conditions
Raffle Conditions of Entry:
Entry is open to all residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. No tickets to be bought by anyone under 18 years of age. Tickets may not be sold on in Northern Ireland. Entry closes 2 December 2016 and the draw takes place on 5 December 2016. Winners will be notified in writing or by telephone. A list of winners will be available online at www.mariecurie.org.uk/NorthYorkshireShoot. Winners’ names, photos and quotes may be used to help Marie Curie promote future fundraising draws.
First Prize - A day’s Partridge shoot for 8 guns on an exclusive North Yorkshire Moor on Saturday 2 September 2017 with lunch and tea. Includes one night’s accommodation for 8 people at the Aysgarth Falls Hotel (private room per person*) with breakfast and dinner included. There is an option to stay for the Saturday night at a special price. Travel is not included.
- A day’s Pheasant shooting for one gun at a North Yorkshire Shoot in January 2018
- A day’s Partridge shooting for one gun at a North Yorkshire Shoot in September 2017
- A day’s Pheasant and Partridge shooting for one gun at a North Yorkshire Shoot in November 2017
- 12 bottle case of 2003 Ch. Calon Segur Claret
The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-refundable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
* Partners are welcome to watch the shoot and to join for the overnight stay and dinner (with dinner at an additional cost).
Any money received after the closing date will be treated as a donation to help fund our work – thank you.
This draw is in partnership with the Marie Curie Gaming Team. Responsible person: Alexandra Achkar, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP. Charity reg no. 207994 (England & Wales), SC038731 (Scotland). Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk . For further support and information on our license please visit: www.goodwaystowin.com/responsiblegambling . If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.gambleaware.co.uk or call the GamCare National Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
Disclaimer: Marie Curie reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Marie Curie in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Marie Curie shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike industrial dispute, war hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to Force Majeure.
Marie Curie Lottery Rules
These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
1. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Marie Curie. Registered Charity: Marie Curie, Charity Number 219279. (A charity registered in England (number 207994 – England & Wales, SC038731 – Scotland), having its principal place of business at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP.
2. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a 'Society Lottery.'
3. This lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission - licence numbers 000-004765-N-100311-011 and 000-004765-R-104344-010.
4. To enter the raffle, you must be resident in Great Britain and aged 18 (eighteen) or over.
5. The prizes are guaranteed to be at least as follows:
- First prize: A day’s partridge shooting for eight guns in the North Yorkshire Moors. Including lunch and tea, as well as one night’s accommodation with breakfast and dinner with wine included.
- Second prize: A day’s pheasant shooting for one gun at a North Yorkshire Shoot in January 2018
- Third prize: A day’s partridge shooting for one gun at a North Yorkshire shoot in September 2017
- Fourth prize: A day’s pheasant and partridge shooting for one gun at a North Yorkshire Shoot in November 2017
- Fifth prize: 12 bottle case of 2003 Ch. Calon Segur Claret.
6. All tickets shall be priced at £250. There will only be 200 tickets available to buy.
7. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £250 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
8. The Raffle closes on Friday 2 December 2016, unless all of the tickets are sold ahead of this date in which case a new date will be chosen and published here. All entries received after this date will be accepted as donations.
9. The draw for the prizes will be made at our Charity Head office premises to be held on Monday, 5 December 2016. Unless all of the tickets are sold ahead of this date in which case a new date will be chosen and published here. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery. However a list of winners will appear on our website www.mariecurie.org.uk/northyorkshireshoot. The Prize has no cash and cannot be exchanged.
10. The winner of the prize must be available on the date for which the shoot is advertised and no alternative prize will be awarded if they cannot make themselves available. Accommodation at the hotel for the first prize is only available as part of the first prize and is not exchangeable for another date. Accommodation is only included within the first prize, all other prize winners will need to cover the costs of their accommodation themselves. Travel costs are not included or claimable for any prize winners.
11. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
12. The winners of the raffle prizes will be notified in writing and by telephone following the draw. In the event that a winner is unresponsive, if the prize remains unclaimed for more than 6 weeks following the draw, this will be redistributed to another entrant.
13. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Marie Curie with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Marie Curie will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Marie Curie of the change.
14. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and Marie Curie reserves the right to use the name and location of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been received.
15. Each ticket number is unique.
16. Marie Curie shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Marie Curie or the member from time to time.
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Marie Curie for the administration of the lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Marie Curie or the member.
- Any refusal by Marie Curie to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of Marie Curie
17. Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Gaming Team, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP, or by email to email@example.com, giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
18. Marie Curie is committed to protecting the members’ privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize.
19. Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Marie Curie in writing.
20. Marie Curie will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without express prior permission.
21. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Marie Curie shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
22. Marie Curie reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Marie Curie does this, it will publish the amended rules.
23. The society reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
24. The responsible person for the promotion of the lottery is Alexandra Achkar.
25. Neither Marie Curie nor our lottery management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the chance of winning a prize).
26. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
27. This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Gamble Aware helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website on www.gambleaware.co.uk.
28. A written copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Laura Ratcliffe, Special Events, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.
29. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Marie Curie and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
30. In the event that all tickets are sold ahead (200 tickets) of the closing date, this draw will close early and the winner will be awarded ahead of the set dates. An updated closing date will be notified to players and displayed at www.mariecurie.org.uk/northyorkshireshoot.